What is the of itinerary of the Package Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Amazon Rainforest?
Your adventure will start at the marvelous city, Rio de Janeiro. There you will visit one of the seven wonders of the modern world, Christ the Redeemer Statue, take a ride at the famous cable car of Sugar Loaf Mountain and explore Tijuca’s Forest, the largest urban rainforest of the world. And of course, we’ll spare some time for you enjoy the stunning beaches that surround the city and its nonstop nightlife.
And we’ll head to Foz do Iguaçu to enjoy one of the biggest waterfalls in the world, the Iguazu Falls at both (Brazilian and Argentinian) sides. The name Iguazu comes from native languages of Brazil, and means “big water”. Legend has it that a god wanted to marry a mortal woman, but she ran away with her lover in a boat across the river. Boiling with rage, the god divided the river and condemned the lovers to an eternal fall.
After that, we’ll head to the Amazon Rainforest, the biggest rainforest of the world to explore the unique biodiversity that resides there. You will stay in a true Amazon Jungle Lodge, canoe through the Igapós (flooded forest), meet the native people and spot exotic wildlife in the jungle.
Are you ready for this thrilling experience?
Day 1: Welcome to Rio!
Day 2: Full Day City Tour Across Rio!
Day 4: Welcome to Foz do Iguaçu
Day 12: So Long, Brazil!
- And our journey reaches its end. You’ll be transferred to the Airport in Manaus.
- Meals Included: Breakfast
Package Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Amazon Rainforest Highlights
- Get to know Rio de Janeiro, the marvelous city;
- Explore the beautiful Ilha Grande in Angra dos Reis;
- Feel the power of one of the biggest waterfalls of the world at Foz do Iguaçu;
- Kayak through the Iguassu river at Aguaray Ecosport;
- Experience living in the jungle staying overnight in a lodge in the heart of the Amazons;
- Discover authentic jungle activities such as piranha fishing, night fishing with harpoon, canoeing with night spot for alligators observation, etc.
Average temperature and chance of rain in Rio de Janeiro
Average temperature and chance of rain in Foz do Iguaçu
Average temperature and chance of rain in the region of Amazon Jungle Lodge
Important things you should know before booking!
- Before booking any product, check the risks involved, what’s included, the necessary equipment and the FAQ. If doubts arise, contact us.
- When booking any tour, the tourist attests knowledge to the natural risk inherent in ecotourism and adventure activities as well as the activities risks. If you wish to understand more about the risks involved, contact us.
- The excessive ingestion of alcoholic beverages or the use of drugs, as well as the carrying of weapons of any kind, before or during activities, is not allowed under penalty of exclusion of the participant.
- The itinerary and the order of the tours can be changed due to the weather and/or adverse conditions inherent to the practice of ecotourism and adventure tourism.
What are the vaccines needed?
- We recommend Hepatitis B and yellow fever vaccines and the globally recommended vaccines: MMR (measles, rubella and mumps), DT (diphtheria and tetanus), polio, influenza and meningitis.
Do I need Visa?
- Although most of the tourists can rely on fast and easy electronic e-Visas, depending on your country of origin a standard Visa can be required to enter Brazil.
- Please make sure to verify the requirements before you travel for this is a responsibility of the tourist.
FAQ Pacakge Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Amazon Rainforest
How do I get there?
There are international flights direct to Rio de Janeiro and a lot of national flights from all the main cities in Brazil to Foz do Iguaçu and Manaus. The airport in Rio de Janeiro is GIG or SDU, in Foz do Iguaçu is IGU and in Manaus is MAO.
Is there transfer service?
Yes. In Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Manaus there are receptive service from the airport to the hotel.
Is it safe?
Rio de Janeiro is a big city it has problems as any other big city in the world. However, there is no need to be afraid. Just keep your belongings with you and pay attention to your bags and everything is should be fine. The same goes to Foz do Iguaçu and Manaus
What ages is it suitable?
The journey to Rio de Janeiro and to the Amazon Jungle Lodge is suitable to people of any age. However, the kayak expedition in Foz do Iguaçu is only avaiable for children older than 12 years old. If you wish, we can change this tour according to your needs.
What’s the physical effort involved?
Some of the activities in this package involve physical effort, such as hiking in the jungle, mainly due to the humidity of the place. As long as you don’t have mobility problems, such a case that we do not recommend this adventure, you will fully enjoy.
Do I have to do any training?
No need to be expert in canoeing nor in jungle survival. Afterall you’ll experience some of the knowledge of the locals regarding survival techniques.
Any wildlife risks?
Yes. You will be inside the jungle and there are wild and poison animals around. Although they are wild, they do not wish to start a war with you. So just keep a safe distance and strictly follow the instructions of the activity leader. Wildlife is the highest level risk event in this adventure.
What do we eat in the Amazon Jungle Lodge?
The region is rich in fresh water fish, which is consumed by the majority of the local population. However chicken and beef are commonly available. Vegetables and roots like manioc are also very common, served in many different local preparation methods. For the more adventurous, exotic fish like Piranha can be tried out as well as many different insects.
Do I have to bring cash?
Yes. In the Jungle Lodge it will be difficult to use credit cards around. The indigenous villages and the fisherman villages will have handcrafted souvenirs at your disposal but they will most likely take only cash. Some of the facilities will help you out, allowing to pay everything when you return to Manaus, but it’s advisable to bring cash with you. Consider an ammount sufficient for snacks, drinks, souvenirs and gratuities.
Will my cell phone work?
In Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Manaus only. No mobile network signal while in the jungle.
Are there any wi-fi spots?
In Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu and Manaus only. No internet signal while in the jungle.
What are the luggage restrictions?
For the boat transfers, we would recommend you to take only the necessary to make sure not to exceed the maximum weight of the boat. Extra luggage may be allocated at the office in Manaus. Please consider the airline luggage restricions!
Any packing tips?
Backpacking packs are recommended for comfort but any kind of luggage should be fine.
Who will I be travelling with?
This package has daily departures and is not private , so there might be other tourists travelling with you.
.3.700,00USD via Credit Card.
Price per person:
2.300,00USD via Credit Card
Price per person:
2.100,00USD via Credit Card
This tour has daily departure
• Daily departure available
• Please consider that this tour requires booking 3 days in advance
- Small groups (10 persons max)
- Bilingual tour guides
- Bookings for more than 5 persons, contact us!
- Rio de Janeiro, Foz do Iguaçu, Manaus and Amazon – Brazil
Check out the E-book Personalizing Your Trip Safely – 6 steps to travel around Brazil.