Pedra da Gavea Hike in Rio de Janeiro
Pedra da Gávea is 844 meters high, located within the Tijuca National Park and is one of the most admired and famous rock formations in Rio de Janeiro. Pedra da Gávea has the most beautiful natural viewpoints in the city and the Pedra da Gávea hike is the ideal challenge for those looking for a lot of adventure, adrenaline and the most beautiful view of Rio de Janeiro. Climbing Pedra da Gávea is the dream of many travelers and locals.
Pedra da Gávea is the largest block of rock by the sea in the world, it is possible to see the Guanabara Bay and some of the main beaches of the city of Rio de Janeiro, Ipanema, Leblon, Barra da Tijuca and São Conrado, in addition to some other mountains from Tijuca National Park such as Pico da Tijuca, Bico do Papagaio, Pedra Bonita and Corcovado, and on days with a blue sky it is also possible to see the mountains of Serra dos Órgãos.
Click here or keep scrolling to access the description and information about the Pedra da Gávea hike and hiking route. Any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.
Highlights of the Pedra da Gávea Hike
- We will visit some of the most famous viewpoints at Pedra da Gávea, such as: Pedra do Raio, Cadeirinha, Mesa, Carrasqueira, Portal de Agartha, Cabeça do Imperador and others.
- The most beautiful view of Rio de Janeiro.
- Refresh yourself in the small waterfall of Pedra da Gávea at the end of the tour.
- Adventure Tourism Guide and Conductor trained and specialized in Hiking, Rappelling and Climbing.
- Safety Equipment and Insurance included in the activity.
We work with small groups!
‣ 1 guide for 6 people
‣‣ For larger Groups, more guides will lead the activity
- Group: open to any customer to join*;
- Private: exclusive to the customer that booked;
*It is necessary a minimum quorum of 2 participants for the activity to occur. In case you are booking alone, you will automatically join an existing group or create a new one depending on the chosen date. Nattrip will work to hit the minimum quorum but if we are not successful, you may reschedule your activity or ask for a full refund.