The Valley of the Gods is located at the Three Peaks State Park at Nova Friburgo city (Rio de Janeiro state), a paradise for hiking lovers, rock climbing and mountaineering. In this trekking expedition we will explore the Dragon’s Head Peak, Matchbox Peak, the Valley of the Gods and the beautiful Valley of the Friars.
Valley of the Gods trekking expedition is a 03 days trekking expedition tour, crossing from the beautiful Valley of the Friars (know as the Brazilian Yosemite) to the Valley of the Gods, with many adventures and incredible landscapes. We’ll set camping in the Valley of the Gods and will go explore the hikes of the Dragon’s Head Peak, the Matchbox Peak and other points of interest in the region.
The meals will be an event apart, since we will team up to prepare them in a wood burning stove. at the Valley. A Porter/Auxiliary will carry the foods and collective equipment, making the adventure more comfortable and complete.
Our Expedition starts and finishes in the city of Rio de Janeiro at your hosting and has private transfer in and out to the trekking for your comfort and safety.
Check out the itinerary, photos, videos, what is included in the expedition, and get ready for the adventure!
The Valley of Gods Trekking – Highlights
- Get to know the Brazilian Yosemite;
- Rio de Janeiro beyond the traditional;
- Overnigths in camping at Valley of Gods with wood stove;
- Get to know the largest park in Rio de Janeiro: Three Peaks Park;
- Round transfer from Rio de Janeiro (your lodging).
What’s the itinerary of the Valley of Gods Trekking?
Day 1: Rio de Janeiro (Transfer) x Teresópolis x Valley of Gods x Dragon Head Peak
Day 2: Valley of Gods Base Camp x Matchbox Peak
Day 3: God’s Valley camp x Frades Valley Crossing x Rio de Janeiro (Transfer)
Inclusions and Exclusions
What’s included in Three Peaks Park State Park Trekking?
- Mountain Leaders specialized in long-course hikes and trained with first-aid fundamentals;
- Equipment Porters for collective use itens;
- Transfer in and out Rio de Janeiro (your lodging);
- Guided Trekking to the Valley of Gods;
- Guided trails to Dragon’s Head and Matchbox Peak;
- Guided Crossing Valley of the Gods x Valley of the Friars
- Overnights in Tents (2-person shared);
- Three Peaks Park entrances and fees;
- 02 Breakfasts (2 and 3 day);
- 02 Dinners (1 and 2 day);
- Gear purchasing advisory before departure (at your disposal);
- Food purchasing advisory before departure (at your disposal);
- Group First-aid kit;
- Personal accidents insurance (limited plan);
- SpotGen3 satelite remote tracking and monitoring;
Equipment rent is avaliable if you need.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal use medice;
- Any item not described as included.
What to bring to Valley of Gods Trekking?
- Identity document (Passaport)
- International Vaccination Certificate – Yellow Fever
Mandatory Equipment :
- Trekking Backpack (minimun of 45l);
- Sleeping bag (for 0ºc confort);
- Sleeping Pad;
- Trekking Poles (01 or 02);
- Headlight and batteries;
- Bottle of water (minimun of 2liters);
- Boot / Hiking shoes;
- Dry Fit / Polyamide shirts;
- Anorak /Fleece;
- Waste compartment;
- Backpack rain cover;
- Toilet paper;
- Snacks for the day.
Optional personal gear:
- Second Skin (shirt and legs)
- Trekking pants
- Bathing suits
- Hats or caps
- Backup headlamp and batteries
- Multi-purpose pocket knife
- Dry bag/sack
- Technical packs
- Digital camera
- Wet wipes
- Solar protector
- Lip balm
- Emergency Blanket
- Paracord 3-5 mm
- Water purification tablets
- Energy gels
- Personal use medications
Where do we meet to go to Valley of Gods Trekking?
Departure point and times:
- 06:30 – your hosting at Rio de Janeiro city.
Total Duration: 06 days finishing around 18:00 at your hosting in Rio de Janeiro.
Expedition Pick-up point:
Where does the trekking take place?
FAQ Valley of Gods Trekking
How many kilometers, on average, will we walk a day on the Rio de Janeiro Wilderness Expedition in 06 days?
Day 1 – 05 km and 04 to 06 hours;
Day 2 – 05 km and 05 to 10 hours;
Day 3 – 08 km and 04 to 06 hours;
Is it safe?
Nattrip operates this tour regularly and never had any issues regarding safety. Regarding inherent risks involved, please be aware to read “Exposure” iconograph before booking this product. Incidents such as falls, twists and scratches happen very often. It is mandatory to follow the instructions of the Leaders and to use safety equipment when requested.
Will my cell phone work? Wi-fi spots?
During the Expedition, we will have cell phone signal only at some points in the path, so the cell phone can be disconnected most of the time. In the places where there is signal, the Guides will advise the group.
How does the food works? What do we eat?
During the trekking expedition the breakfasts and dinners are included in the activity. Porters will carry all kitchen equipment and food that will be prepared every day and all the participants are invited help preparing the meals in the wood stove, being a differentiated experience. There is vegan, vegetarian, gluten free restriction and complete option for meals (each participant will inform your option). Nattrip will send advice for buying snacks before the start of trekking.
How do we get water?
The water is 100% natural water and contains living microorganisms. If you’re not used to this type of ingestion, we recommend the use of water purification.
Are there bathroom facilities?
Yes. The mountain shelters provide bathroom facilities designed for minimum environmental impact. Please bring garbage bag and toilet paper with you for any emergency use.
How’s the group? Who will I be travelling with?
Our expeditions consists of small groups. In case of large number of people, we will divide into small groups that will hike with minimum interval.
What kind of gear do I need? What are the luggage restrictions? Packing tips?
A comfortable backpacking pack (50 liters minimum) is mandatory. Camping gear will be provided. Rentals are available in case you need, please let us know prior to departure. Assistance before departure is available, contact us.
Can I rent equipment needed for the trekking with Nattrip?
Yes, Nattrip Expedition has the disposition to rent the necessary equipment for the this kind of activity, just to get in touch. As well as guidelines of good options to purchase them.
What are the vaccines needed? What about the Zyka Virus?
Yellow fever vaccine is mandatory. Aedes Aegypti is an urban mosquito, it does not proliferate in wild natural environments.
No diseases transmitted by this mosquito will be found in the natural places visited (dengue, zyka, etc).
Do I have to bring cash?
We always recommend to bring cash with you. In Teresópolis city there is possibility to buy local handcraft and souvenirs. Drinks and tips are not included also.
Where do we sleep?
Overnight will be held in double camping tents provided by Nattrip.
Any wildlife risks?
The highest risk are venomous animals. They usually get away from humans, but there is the possibility to find snakes or spiders along the way.
What’s the physical effort involved?
The trekking in Valley of Gods is medium because of obstacles, distance and altitude variation.
What ages is it suitable?
Each person knows their limits. We don’t limit anybody, but we don’t recommend to youngers less than 12 years old.
If the weather forecast is unfavorable, is the expedition canceled / deferred?
Nattrip constantly monitors the weather forecast for the specific microclimate of Parque dos Três Picos, including during the expedition. If Nattrip agency and / or Activity Guides understand that the physical integrity risks inherent to natural activity are being exceeded, the event may be postponed or cancelled.
419USD per person (for 03 or more persons group)
575USD per person (for 02 persons group)
1030USD per person (for 01 person group)
This tour has daily departure
• Daily departure available;
• Please consider that this tour requires booking 3 days in advance.
- More than 5 participants, contact us for special rates!
- Small groups (10 persons max);
- Bilingual Leaders (Professional Tour Guides);
- Satellite monitoring with SPOT Gen3;
- Privative transfer in and out Rio de Janeiro (your hosting).
Check out the E-book Personalizing Your Trip Safely – 6 steps to travel around Brazil.