The Ilha Grande 360º Trekking Expedition is one of the most beautiful Beach Trekking Experiences in Brazil and a must do for adventure travelers. This 09 days package offers a complete experience and is the perfect mix between beach, wilderness and culture!
You will hike approximately 70 km across outstanding beaches and small fishermen villages. Trekking Ilha Grande 360º is performed throughout trails, constant mountain ascents and descents, rivers crossing and beaches of paradisiacal scenery.
During the Expedition, you will get to know fishermen communities also known as “caiçaras” villages, where men and nature found balance. You will stay overnight in house lodging, where you will have delicious typical caiçaras meals and will be able to interact with locals. This expedition includes breakfasts and dinners.
Take a look at the 09 days Ilha Grande 360° Trekking itinerary and embark on this adventure with Nattrip!
Ilha Grande 360° Trekking Highlights
- The most beautiful beach Trekking of Brazil
- 360º trekking in Ilha Grande, visiting the main beaches
- Ascension to the 2nd highest mountain of Ilha Grande, the Parrot Peak
- Overnights in housing lodge in local communities (caiçaras, fishermen)
07 days Itinerary (camping overnights)
What is the itinerary of 07 days Ilha Grande 360° Trekking?
Day 1: Transfer to Ilha Grande x Abraão Village x Saco do Céu beach
09 days Itinerary (Hostel overnights)
What is the itinerary of Ilha Grande 360° Trekking?
Day 1: Transfer to Ilha Grande and Lopes Mendes Beach
Day 2: Abraão x Saco do Céu
Inclusions and Exclusions
What’s included in Ilha Grande 360° Trekking Expedition?
- Leader specialized in long-course hikes and trained with first-aid fundamentals;
- Guided expedition in Ilha Grande;
- Guided hike to Ilha Grande highest peak (optional on the last day);
- Bus & Boat Transfer from Rio de Janeiro to Ilha Grande;
- Boat transfer from Praia de Aventureiro to Praia de Parnaioca (Biological Reserve);
- One breakfast per day;
- One lunch (caiçara meal) per day;
- Gear purchasing advisory before departure (at your disposal);
- Food advising (for snacks during the trekking) before leaving;
- Remote monitoring of the Expedition;
- First-aid kit;
- Gift of Nattrip Expeditions;
- Insurance against personal accidents;
- SpotGen3 satelite remote tracking and monitoring.
It is possible to rent gears from Nattrip if needed.
- Meals not mentionned in the tour;
- Personal use medicines;
- Any item not described as included.
Average temperature in the region of Ilha Grande
Average chance of rain in the region of Ilha Grande
What kind of gear do I need to bring Ilha Grande 360° Trekking Expedition?
- Identity document (Passaport);
- Vaccination Certificate – Yellow Fever
- Trekking Backpack (minimun of 60l);
- Walking stick (01 or 02);
- Headlamp and batteries;
- Water compartment (minimum of 2l);
- Boot/Hiking shoes;
- Dry Fit/Polyamide shirts;
- Waste compartment;
- Backpack rain cover;
- Toilet paper;
Optional Personal Gear:
- Second Skin (shirt and legs);
- Trekking pants;
- Bathing suits;
- Hats or caps;
- Kitchen Kit/cutlery;
- Multi-purpose pocket knife;
- Dry bag/sack;
- Technical packs;
- Digital camera;
- Wet wipes;
- Lip balm;
- Emergency blanket;
- Paracord 3-5 mm;
- Water purification tablets;
- Energy gels;
- Personal use medicines.
Important things you should know before booking!
- Before booking any product, check the risks involved, what’s included, the necessary equipment and the FAQ. If doubts arise, contact us.
- When booking any tour, the tourist attests knowledge to the natural risk inherent in ecotourism and adventure activities as well as the activities risks. If you wish to understand more about the risks involved, contact us.
- The excessive ingestion of alcoholic beverages or the use of drugs, as well as the carrying of weapons of any kind, before or during activities, is not allowed under penalty of exclusion of the participant.
- The itinerary and the order of the tours can be changed due to the weather and/or adverse conditions inherent to the practice of ecotourism and adventure tourism.
What are the vaccines needed?
- Yellow fever is the only mandatory vaccine to enter Brazil, please check your country vaccine requirements.
- We recommend Hepatitis B vaccine and the globally recommended vaccines: MMR (measles, rubella and mumps), DT (diphtheria and tetanus), polio, influenza and meningitis.
Do I need Visa?
- Although most of the tourists can rely on fast and easy electronic e-Visas, depending on your country of origin a standard Visa can be required to enter Brazil.
- Please make sure to verify the requirements before you travel for this is a responsibility of the tourist.
FAQ Ilha Grande 360° Trekking Expedition
How many kilometers, on average, will we walk a day on the expedition to Ilha Grande?
Day 1 – 6 km and 4 to 5 hours hiking;
Day 2 – 8 km and 3 to 4 hours hiking;
Day 3 – 7 km and 3 to 4 hours hiking;
Day 4 – 11 km and 4 to 5 hours hiking;
Day 5 – 4,5 km and 2 to 3 hours hiking;
Day 6 – 3,5 km and 2 to 3 hours hiking;
Day 7 – Boat Transfer or 3,5 km and 2 to 3 hours hiking;
Day 8 – 16 km and 6 to 8 hours hiking;
Day 9 – 11 km and 6 to 8 hours hiking;
Will we hike all the time on the seaside?
No, we won’t always hike on the seaside. Ilha Grande 360º Trekking is performed throughout trails that surround the perimeters of the island. During the first 3 days, we will actually follow the electric energy wires, path also used by local residents to get from one beach to another. Frequently, these trails include mountain ascents and descents and cross the Atlantic Forest. The overnight places are always located on the seaside expect on the Abraão small village, where you will be hosted in a Pousada.
How are the overnight places during the Ilha Grande 360º Trekking?
During the Ilha Grande 360º Trekking, we will overnight in local resident lodging who are allowed to receive tourist in the Ilha Grande State Park. These are simple but confortable rooms and most of the time, there are located on the seaside.
Is there any cell phone signal during the trekking days?
There is only cell phone signal during the first 4 trekking days and the last day. For those who wish to use the mobile device for photos it is valid to carry a ‘power bank’ during the activity.
How’s the group? Who will I be travelling with?
Our expeditions consists in small groups. In case of large number of people, we will divide into small groups that will hike with minimum interval. Other people might join the same group. If you want to go on a private group, contact us before booking!
What kind of gear do I need? What are the luggage restrictions? Packing tips?
A comfortable backpacking pack (60L minimum) is mandatory. Rentals are available (under availability) in case you need, please let us know prior to departure. Assistance before departure is available, contact us.
Do I have to bring cash?
We always recommend to bring cash with you. In the small village of Abraão, there is possibility to buy local handcraft and souvenirs. Drinks and tips are not included also.
Any wildlife risks?
The highest risk are venomous animals. They usually get away from humans, but there is the possibility to find snakes or spiders along the way.
What ages is it suitable?
Each person knows their limits. We don’t limit anybody, but we don’t recommend to youngers less than 12 years old.
If the weather forecast is unfavorable, is the expedition canceled / deferred?
Nattrip constantly monitors the weather forecast for the specific climate of Ilha Grande, including during the expedition. If Nattrip agency and /or Activity Guides understand that the physical integrity risks inherent to natural activity are being exceeded, the event may be postponed or cancelled.
07 days package (camping Overnights)
1.130USD per person (for 03 or more persons group)
1.470USD per person (for 02 person group)
2.480USD per person (for 01 person group)
09 days package (Hostel Overnights)
1.820USD per person (for 03 or more persons group)
2.325USD per person (for 02 person group)
3.830USD per person (for 01 person group)
This tour has daily departure
• Daily departure available
• Please consider that this tour requires booking 3 days in advance
- Small groups (10 persons max)
- Bilingual tour guides
- Bookings for more than 5 persons, contact us!
- Ilha Grande, Angra dos Reis, Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil
Check out the E-book Personalizing Your Trip Safely – 6 steps to travel around Brazil.