How is the Morro da Urca Hiking Tour?
The Morro Urca (227 meters) and Sugar Loaf (396 meters) are part of the touristic complex of the Sugar Loaf in Rio de Janeiro, currently recognized as Natural Monument by UNESCO. The protected area lies along the shores of the famous Guanabara Bay and is one of the main touristic attractions of Rio de Janeiro. The most authentic way to experience the Sugar Loaf is hiking Morro da Urca trail inside the forest before catching the world famous Sugar Loaf cable car.
The Morro da Urca Hiking Tour is steep in the first steps, beginning at Claudio Coutinho jogging way, an asphalt road on the left shore of Praia Vermelha’s cove. The guide will lead the group through the trail until reaching a plateau where you can admire a beautiful view of Guanabara Bay and Rio de Janeiro downtown area. During the tour, it is common to see some monkeys carrying their babies. From the plateau, a pleasant hike takes you to the top, where the first terminal of the cable car is located. That’s where you can catch the second level cable car to go to Sugar Loaf and enjoy the stunning scenery from the top of the newest UNESCO Natural Monument. From the summit, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery, seeing Corcovado, Pedra da Gávea, Pedra Bonita, Pico da Tijuca, Copacabana beach and Ipanema beach.
This tour has an estimated duration of 4 hours and the ticket for the cable car is included in one of the tour options. The sunset in Morro da Urca hill is one of the most beautiful images of the city, so there is the possibility of taking this tour in the afternoon (if previously requested). Experience some of the best views from the top of Morro da Urca and Sugar Loaf through a very beautiful and nice trail.
Visit Morro da Urca and Sugar Loaf through a very beautiful and pleasant trail with Morro Urca Hiking. Book your tour!
Morro da Urca Hiking Tour Highlights
- See the world’s most famous cable car
- Get to know the beautiful Morro da Urca and Sugar Loaf
- Visit one of the main postcards of Rio de Janeiro
Important things you should know before booking!
- Before booking any product, check the risks involved, what’s included, the necessary equipment and the FAQ. If doubts arise, contact us.
- When booking any tour, the tourist attests knowledge to the natural risk inherent in ecotourism and adventure activities as well as the activities risks. If you wish to understand more about the risks involved, contact us.
- The excessive ingestion of alcoholic beverages or the use of drugs, as well as the carrying of weapons of any kind, before or during activities, is not allowed under penalty of exclusion of the participant.
- The itinerary and the order of the tours can be changed due to the weather and/or adverse conditions inherent to the practice of ecotourism and adventure tourism.
How to get in touch with us?
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, id, booked tour and callback information.
- Via Whatsapp our number is +55 (21) 96931-8893.
- If you are in Rio de Janeiro, direct call 3264-0182 or 96931-8893.
- If you are in Brasil but not in Rio de Janeiro, use phone operator code and area code 0 XX 21 3264-0182 or 0 XX 21 96931-8893. Please check available operator codes in your location.
- If you are not in Brasil, use the country and area codes +55 (21) 3264-0182 or +55 (21) 96931-8893.
Frequently asked questions about the Morro da Urca Hiking Tour
We work with small groups!
‣ 1 guide for 6 people
‣‣ For Private Groups, get in touch
‣‣‣ For larger Groups, more guides will lead the activity
172,23 BRL (10% of discount)
155,00BRL per person
172,23 BRL for payments via PayPal, PagSeguro or PayU (up to 3x without interests)
- More than 5 participants? Get in touch!
- Book in advance paying in cash in Nattrip’s office and get a discount!
• Daily departure available;
• Please consider that this tour requires booking at least one day in advance.
- Group: open to any customer to join*;
- Private: exclusive to the customer that booked;
- Private with transport: Includes round trip transportation to activity.
*It is necessary a minimum quorum of 3 participants for the activity to occur. In case you are booking alone, you will automatically join an existing group or create a new one depending on the chosen date. Nattrip will work to hit the minimum quorum but if we are not successful, you may reschedule your activity or ask for a full refund.
- Morro da Urca, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Check out the E-book Personalizing Your Trip Safely – 6 steps to travel around Brazil.